Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summertime

We're experiencing a drought down here in South Texas, along with several weeks straight now of 100+ temperatures so, needless to say, we seek relief where we can find it. I'm taking a week off to prepare for guests that are coming this weekend, and, at the same time, taking a break from the news. I'm sick of it, and it makes me mad, and I'd rather just relax by the pool and imagine myself on a picnic under the new pergola that our friend heydave just built. Here's a picture of it that he sent me - isn't it beautiful!

2 comments:

Freewheel said...

Enjoy your vacation!!!

heydave said...

I know what you mean about the news just pissing you off.

I can recall working on some of the rafter members to this thing late last fall, the last workable day before the snows (yes, it took THAT long to finish). The wind literally blew me off balance on my ladder and I had to grip the beams with numb fingers. And smiled the whole life-is-good time!