Monday, October 22, 2007

Jumping In With Both Feet

Interesting, this. Here I am in this virtual new house, and wondering how to furnish it. Where will I place the T.V.? The couch? My mother's antique bookshelf? My collection of teapots? Do I start with the massive Introduction To Me, or just trust that such revelations are best made in very small doses? The latter, I think.

I write much like I paint, in the abstract. Sometimes with gaudy uncontrolled splashes and swirls that might go anywhere - sometimes with precision and focus on minute detail that could be called, um, well, rather rigid - if one were so inclined to label such things.

I love collages - mixed media, as it were. I'm sure that will be refected here too, with lots of links and, if I can figure out how to do it, pictures.

Over the weekend, I checked out a movie from my local library on my son's recommendation: Little Miss Sunshine. Hilarious!he said. He was right. Dear God, I love Alan Arkin and he did not disappoint. His character is a cranky, drug-addled, sex-crazed grandpa who was kicked out of his retirement home for unspecified bad behavior. I can relate! Cranky, sure. Drug-addled, you bet. Sex-crazed, aren't we all? Okay, so I'm not a grandpa, or a grandma either, BUT - I have just been kicked out of, while not a Retirement Home per se, a place of comparable - how shall I say - mental stimulation. A good thing, probably, for all concerned - else I and my fellow left-of-Nixon brethren might have suffered the same fate as McMurphy at the hands of Nurse Ratched.
Twas time to move on.

So, welcome to my new house. I'll be sending out invitations soon for a truly awesome housewarming party - bring a dish!

5 comments:

Mike Thomas said...

Hey, this looks terrific!
Welcome to the neighborhood. I think if you play around with the Blogger tools you'll find that they've made it very easy to post pictures and stuff like that. If you're not sure about it, though, I can try and walk you through it.

Freewheel said...

This is fantastic! And I thought you'd never take the plunge!

As for the housewarming, I'd be happy to bring the beer.

AnnPW said...

Aw, thanks guys for being my First Visitors! I am beholden to you, most beholden!

Otter said...

'To wonder is to begin to understand.'

well lil' annie, you have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go.

Just to reach 'ignorance.'

ta!

AnnPW said...

Oy Vey, the peanut gallery has been heard from.