Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Maybe we could ALL do better.

I agree with Atrios who agrees with this guy. Regarding Tim Russert:

I have a fantasy that at one of these moments, a candidate will say, "You know what, Tim, I'm not going to answer that question. This is serious business. And you, sir, are a disgrace. You have in front of you a group of accomplished, talented leaders, one of whom will in all likelihood be the next president of the United States. You can ask them whatever you want. And you choose to engage in this ridiculous gotcha game, thinking up inane questions you hope will trick us into saying something controversial or stupid. Your fondest hope is that the answer to your question will destroy someone's campaign. You're not a journalist, you're the worst kind of hack, someone whose efforts not only don't contribute to a better informed electorate, they make everyone dumber. So no, I'm not going to stand here and try to come up with the most politically safe Bible verse to cite. Is that the best you can do?"

I have high hopes that the burgeoning popularity of the blogosphere really will give rise to a new activism that can somehow wrest our national dialogue away from the death grip of the pundit elite in Washington. We CAN do better.

6 comments:

heydave said...

Hot damn and hell yes!
When I heard Tweety pull his blather at the Dems' debate, I just wanted to squeeze his head really, really hard.

AnnPW said...

No doubt about it, heydave, he's a fucktard! Heh.

Mike Thomas said...

Wait a minute! I thought Tweety was supposed to be Chris Matthews? Now you're telling me it's Tim Russert?
I'm sooo confused!!

AnnPW said...

Oh Mike, don't be so TECHNICAL!

heydave said...

D'oH!
How could I forget the epithet "Pumpkinhead" on Halloween!?!?!

You get the picture, tho...

Ricky Bones said...

I just can't stand Tim Russert, he is worse than Chris Matthews. It is a dog and pony show when he interviews. Once in a while he poses a tough question, but never goes for the kill when the person being lightly toasted instead of grilled is allowed to slide on their b.s. answer with no tough folow up.

Stop the inanity is right!