Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


To all you Dads out there. Here is a charming photo of me and my Pop, taken God-knows-where at some point in the early days of our journey together. He was not an exemplary father and ours was a conflicted relationship, but time and experience softened my judgement of him considerably and I'm glad to say that we were able to make peace with one another before he died several years ago. I often wonder if I'm not much more like him than I would like to be.

And let's keep in our hearts and minds these days another dad and one of our very good friends, heydave, whose homeland is going through hard times:


Heydave tells me that his immediate area is not in danger, but we all know that this kind of devastation will affect everyone. You can donate to the Red Cross here.

And I mustn't let the day go by without saying thanks to capconundrum who sent me this:

Thanks Cap!

And Hilzoy points us to yet another arrogant and inane comment from our POTUS. Way to honor your dad, asshole. I never cared for Bush Sr. much but he out-classes his pig of a son by miles and miles.

2 comments:

Freewheel said...

Great picture of you and your dad!

AnnPW said...

Heh, thanks FW! Actually, minus the hat, I look remarkably the same, expression and all!