Friday, October 2, 2009

Furthermore...

Obviously, we could go through the alphabets in a hundred different languages coming up with Exhibits to support my thesis, below, that today's Republican party is bonkers. Yesterday, I sent a check to Planned Parenthood (in addition to my automatic monthly paycheck withdrawal) in honor of Michelle Bachmann. Sex Clinics. If only! I can tell you that if we had had a sex clinic at my high school, it would have been a busy place - I can think of more than a few friends (and probably some faculty) that would have signed up for those "abortion field trips" in the blink of an eye. You betcha.

So, in a completely related story of interest, today is the (what, 50th?) anniversary of the first episode of The Twilight Zone, one of television's shining stars. To celebrate:

2 comments:

heydave said...

Too bad that wasn't the whole episode; not like I have work to do or anything...

Random thoughts:
- was that Dick Cheney in an early acting role?
- didn't I once rent High School Sex Clinic?

AnnPW said...

Hi heydave!

You can see the rest of the episode, and many others, over at YouTube. I'm sure your boss won't mind - tell him/her I said it was okay!

That actor is actually the wonderful character actor Larry Gates who may better be remembered as the southern aristocrat on the receiving end of a rather famous slap in In the Heat of the Night. He does look like Dick Cheney!

And I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that, yes, you did once rent High School Sex Clinic. I bet it was good, too!