Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Blues

I heard about this group yesterday while driving home from work, so I thought they would be a good pick for Friday music. Pretty amazing, check them out: They are a family group, two brothers and their sister with Dad sometimes pitching in on the blues harp. I don't know how old the Dad is, but the brothers are 16 and 14 and the little sista on the drums is 9 YEARS OLD! On top of that, the boys made their own instruments out of CAR MUFFLERS, fer cripes sakes, and use seat belts as shoulder straps. Novelty aside, they sing teh blues like seasoned pros. Here are 2 versions, one with stills and better sound, and one live version:



2 comments:

Mike Thomas said...

I listened to that segment too. It blew me away!
I hope these kids stick it out and play the Blues for a long, long time.

AnnPW said...

Me too Mike! They sure seem committed, but it's hard to tell with these child prodigy types - Think what happened to Jonny Lang and has anyone heard anything from Kenny Wayne Sheppard in awhile?