Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Introducing Robert


My friend Jeannette sent me pictures yesterday of some artwork that's being done by a mutual friend of ours, Robert Gonzalez, and after I emailed him about it he was gracious enough to grant me permission to share it here. This painting, untitled so far, is one of a series he is working on called No Mas Muerte (No More Death) and is inspired by his passionate concern for the plight of immigrants. If we're lucky, he may even show up in comments here to tell us more about this work! Bravo, Roberto!

5 comments:

heydave said...

First of all, great picture; my comment is entirely off track, so pardon me.

But for baseball fans, I just wanted to remind you all that today is an infamous 25th anniversary date.

AnnPW said...

Heydave, darlin, your comments are always welcome no matter what track they're on! As for that YouTube, well my goodness gracious! Someone was having a Very Bad Day indeed.

heydave said...

Lee Elia became somewhat of a legend to (sweet home) Chicago baseball fans, especially us Sox fans, that day.

Mike Thomas said...

Wow! That was 25 years ago!?! That was the year I graduated from high school. Sheesh! Time flies.
Great picture, by the way.

heydave said...

*creak* Sorry, that was one of my joints.

And not one of those joints, although that idea just crossed my mind, if you know what I mean.

My older boy was 3 when that happened.

Time flies, or Tempus Fugit, as Caesar said. (Pronounced Tempus Fuhg-it! when you're my age.)