Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We got the blues

Talkin 'bout Mike 'n' Maha 'n' Me what with seemingly endless campaign nonsense and every day some new horror visited on us by the worst administration in history while George Shit-For-Brains Bush walks around not in jail, giving incoherent press conferences. Fact is, I stepped away from the computer for a couple of days to fulfill my Fiesta obligations and I've found the whole muckety muck a tad difficult to get back into. So, what to do to shrug off this dysphoric cloud? As always, I turn to my readers for inspiration and am never disappointed! A discussion of favorite animated movies over at Mike's place reminded me of one:

That's good for a smile. Digby has a suggestion also. Then, pal heydave provided another memory jog:


I was looking for the Leon Russell version of that song and found everything but, making it really hard to choose. Anyway, this is the one I landed on, and I feel better already!

5 comments:

Mike Thomas said...

You know if things were good all the time there would be no inspiration for great Blues music like that.
But I do think Bush has given us more than enough inspiration to last several life times....

Mike Thomas said...

The Point animation reminds me of Yellow Submarine. Same artists I presume?

AnnPW said...

You know, I would have sworn that Yellow Submarine was a Peter Max operation but his name is nowhere on the IMDB list of credits. But yes, the style is certainly similar in The Point, though I can't find any names that appear on both films' credits.

Ruth said...

Karl Rove is now working for the liebury at SMU. There is nothing too low for the war criminals see http://cabdrollery.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-low-do-you-go.html

AnnPW said...

Ach. So much for cheering up. Thanks Ruth!>;)