Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Theoretically, I'm supposed to be working...

Come Donna and Ricky and Mike,
Freewheel and Pam and the like!
You lurkers not named,
Come join in the game
Or heydave will soon take a hike!

(Okay, that last line is an empty threat 'cause I don't think he will, but please grant me some artistic license....)

UPDATE: Apologies, I left someone out! To "Cap":

I have a good friend named conundrum
Who contributes naught that is humdrum.
But who has the time
To make his name rhyme!
My list of invitees was undone.

7 comments:

heydave said...

Oh, I take a hike each day.
Schlepping through this world,
I think I used to live here.

Mike Thomas said...

I'm glad my folks named me Mike.
My name is useful,
When poets need a good rhyme.

Freewheel said...

Nice work finding a word that rhymes with "conundrum"!

Freewheel said...

Our troops need to come home;
Bush ought to be in jail.
And time is up
For Hillary on the campaign trail.

AnnPW said...

Alriiiight! Thanks to all of you for participating in my Poem-A-Thon. Mike suggests that this be a regular feature, and I suppose it will be. Be warned!

Donna said...

She can't pump gas,
or work a coffee machine/
She hangs out with "common workers";/ but
her clothes are always clean./
She's trying to convince us she's entitled to the White House seat/
Now who in the hell is she calling elite?

AnnPW said...

Excellent!