Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why I'm not watching the convention

For one thing, "Notorious" and "Spellbound" were on last night so the choice of what to watch was pretty much of a no-brainer for me. For another thing, I'm afraid I might end up like this guy and for much the same reason, because even though I'm making a good effort NOT to watch the damn thing I still feel exactly like tristero does.

P.S. I am planning to join my Drinking Liberally pals on Thursday night to watch Obama though. That I will do. I think.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Notorious is one of the coolest movies ever made.

We're having a watch party at The Lion and Rose on 410 on Thursday. Feel free to stumble on over.

AnnPW said...

Agreed Donna! I love Spellbound, too, for the fabulous Dali dream sequence and the marvelously hokey Freudianism. (Jealous old geezer prof to Ingrid Bergman: "We both know that the mind of a woman in love is operating on the lowest level of the intellect!" - Okay, that's not Freudian, but it cracks me up every time.)

Thanks for the invite! Sure you wouldn't consider combining your shindig with ours? We will be in the same neighborhood, sort of: Northeast Bexar County Democrats headquarters! The location is 7122 San Pedro, Suite 114 -- about 2 blocks south of North Star Mall, in the Town Center Shopping Center. Things will get started at 6:30 pm.