Friday, September 19, 2008

Contempt

I certainly share the outrage expressed in these two posts, but as I read about this story, something occurred to me that I hadn't seen discussed elsewhere: I wonder how Alaskans in general, but the Alaska State Senate in particular feel about having McCain's thugs come barrelling into their state and sidewinding this investigation which, by all accounts, was - prior to McCain's involvement - a universally agreed-upon process that, supposedly, everyone was fine with moving forward? Aren't Alaskans supposed to be a little more than usually suspicious of outsiders, or folks from "down below" or whatever. Greenwald points out that the Alaska State Legislature isn't supposed to convene until January, but I can't help but wonder if they might not be angry enough about this latest spit in the eye to just up and call themselves into a special session. Thoughts?

No comments: