Monday, October 27, 2008

Countdown

Sorry - again! - about the lack of posting here. Been out of town (HI LISA! Thanks for dinner Saturday night!) and just flat TIRED of it all! I mean, Atrios' advice sounds really appealing right about now.

I suppose part of what's wearing me out is the effort it is taking to not get too over-confident at this point. Things are looking really good for us, but you know, we've been here before. Not quite exactly here, but close enough. And, of course, there's no limit to what the Bush administration will try to get away with before they leave. This is going to be a nerve-wracking week.

So let's take what good news we can find, and let our hearts be warmed.

Because these creatures are out there, and they are not going away any time soon.

1 comment:

heydave said...

And on just a purely personal level, Johnny McMav's voice, along with Caribou Barbie twang, cause my ass to slam shut every time I hear their blather. My mornings have gotten very quiet now that NPR is even less of a refuge than normally.

And "normal" is only for Saturday humor these days...