Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Palin, the Anti-Feminist

Digby nails it again. This is for my boys who, despite my lame efforts, are still somewhat unclear on the concept of "feminism." Excerpt:
Just being a woman who made it in a man's world doesn't make you a feminist. (Some of the worst anti-feminists I've ever known were women I worked for --- and one of the most committed feminists was a man.) Being a feminist is not determined by what genitalia you have but rather the principles for which you fight. Palin's priorities are obvious. She's more interested aerial wolf hunting than she is in woman's equality.

I don't know if she will flame out or if she will end up being the second coming of Abraham Lincoln. But whatever happens, the fact remains that she got to where she was because of feminism but not because she was a feminist. She walked on all our backs so she could step on our throats. She's a typical right wing Republican.
Do read the whole thing.

No comments: