Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Are we having fun yet?

You know, I'm exhausted and I didn't stay up one minute past my bedtime last night to watch election returns. I'm worn out from reading all about them this morning! My goodness, what a race this is. But here are some questions that are going through my mind this morning: If Clinton wins the nomination, would she invite Obama to run as her VP and would he accept? I don't see Clinton as a VP candidate in any eventuality. I think Chris Dodd would be an excellent VP or Senate Majority Leader, same for Russ Feingold. Bill Richardson would also be an interesting choice for VP. I think John Edwards would be a wonderful Attorney General. It seems that, overall, Democrats are pleased with both candidates, whereas Republicans are displeased with their choices, but I worry about a Clinton/McCain face-off, and the question of VP may end up being rather critical (for the first time ever!). I think Mitt Romney is toast, but do any of you think that Mike Huckabee could end up being McCain's pick for VP??

3 comments:

Mike Thomas said...

Initially, I thought Obama would be a clear choice as VP. But now that he has become such a phenonenon I don't think that is in the cards any more.
It would be like Hannah Montana agreeing to be the opening act for a Spice Girls revival.

Freewheel said...

I think it would be difficult for anyone with an ego to be Hillary's veep because they know they'll be playing second fiddle to Bill.

vizavis said...

It would be hard to imagine either being a 2nd to the other. Obama seems less "rigid" in where he serves, and besides, he is young enough to step up to the presidency after serving as VP.On the other hand, I believe while other little girls were playing with dolls that Hillary was practicing to be president. I just can't see her accepting the position of VP. Let's face it though, I really think the two would be unbeatable. White women, black voters, hispanics, and young voters would put them in office.