Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

Oh, okay, why not:


Since I am planning to include a Stones song this Thursday as part of my Valentines Day Extra Special Musical Extravaganza Blowout (and I leave it to you to ponder about WHICH ONE in feverish anticipation...) I thought that maybe this would be too much Stones in one week - but, believe me, I'm ashamed that I even entertained such a silly thought for one fraction of a second.

So here's what going on this Tuesday:

Endorsements! Endorsements! Endorsements!

This post by Dave Neiwert does a good job of putting the recent Washington state Republican election shenanigans into proper perspective.

In a state known for its brassy babes, this was one of the brassiest and best. Thx Phoenix Woman.

Anticipating and explaining the Texas primary.

These guys must be taking their cues from American telecoms. At least there was a judge willing to say no - presumably they don't have a Congress chomping at the bit to give them retroactive permission to ignore the judge's ruling.

Crooks & Liars featured J. J. Cale last night and correctly noted that he is better known as a guy who writes songs that other people make hits with. I would just like to point out that I featured a song of his, that actually WAS a hit of his own, but which version by Cissy Houston I happen to prefer.

13 comments:

heydave said...

Tag, you're it: youtube.com/watch?
v=IWEfmCvu8R8&feature=related

AnnPW said...

I couldn't get it to work! :(

heydave said...

try retyping the whole string; I had to cut and paste twice...

AnnPW said...

I've tried retyping it AND cutting and pasting! Want to just tell me the title?

heydave said...

Oh, that takes the fun out of it!But since you're whining, it's B-52 Roam.

AnnPW said...

Aw, thx for indulging my whiny ol' self. Man, that girl has big hair, even by Texas standards! That version didn't work very well for me, this one might do better. Thanks, heydave!

heydave said...

I saw that one, but the sound quality kinda sucked on my computer. But more importantly, you embedded a link!

How you do that?

Can I has your nowledge?

AnnPW said...

Yeah, I tried to do this the last time we discussed it a few threads ago, and I couldn't. The problem seems to be that every time I try to type the necessary tags, blogger thinks I'm trying to create a link, even when I try to surround it with "s or brackets. I have an idea, but give me a little time and check back, 'kay?

heydave said...

This is a tough way to communicate. Try emailing sometime: heydave 'at' cnde 'dot' iastate 'dot' edu

heydave said...

Testing...
href=http://www.iastate.edu/

heydave said...

sorry, please bear with me....
href=http://www.iastate.edu/

heydave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Freewheel said...

I hope there will be a Beginning To Wonder endorsement before the all-important Texas primary!