Sunday, February 3, 2008

A new day coming....?

This is all over the web and I'm not gonna be left out:



Wow. Just - wow. I don't see how Hillary or The Mav can top this one. I also want to direct your attention to this post by one of my favorite bloggers, Barbara O'Brien, who writes The Mahablog. It includes this, and more:
Older people are more jaded, which is what happens to most of us who live past Youth. To paraphrase something someone said in an email, Obama’s “post-partisan” message works with Youth and not so much with DOFHs (i.e., DFHs who devolved into geezers) because we geezers lived through the political ugliness of the 1980s and 1990s, whereas younger voters either don’t comprehend how bad it was or believe that Obama can somehow bring it to an end.

I don’t think Obama can bring it to an end. However, all things that had a beginning will also have an end, including the whackjob Right’s dominance of politics. And I think what can end it, or at least chase it into the shadows for a couple of decades, is an overwhelming crush of public opinion against it. And if the young folks can lead us to that, good for them. I’ll follow.
So you should definitely read the whole thing yourself.

And Glory Hallelujah, Praise God, and Pass the Butter, this from tristero made me want to stand up and cheer! He's talking about Mike Huckabee, but I think the same holds exactly true for the entire pseudo-religious whackjob faction that found a home in the Republican Party, including the representative of that faction that acosted Cynthia Clements outside her church which you can read about in this link that our friend Pam provided for us in her comments below. Thanks Pam!

So, are you going to watch the Super Bowl? I am, but only because I've been invited over to some friends' house to do it, and with them it will be fun. Speaking of butter, over at Firedoglake they're sharing Super Bowl party recipes which seems like a good idea, so I'm stealing it. Here's what I'll be contributing to tonight's repast:

Take a mess o' butter and a mess o' garlic and heat them up together in a big skillet with some anchovies (I sometimes use anchovy paste). Add about a pound of whole baby bella mushrooms, stems removed, and let them simmer for a bit. Add the juice of a couple of lemons, turn them out on a platter and watch them disappear. Hut, Hut!

1 comment:

Freewheel said...

I agree - Wow! He truly is lyrical.

IMHO the video could use more Scarlet Johansson.