Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Just in time for Valentine's Day

Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:45 AM
Subject: FW: Why Latinas Need Therapy

Morning chuckle….

THE PHONE CALL...

La Mama: 'Hello?'

La Hija: 'Hi Mama. Can I leave the boys with you tonight?'

La Mama: 'You're going out?'

La Hija: 'Yes.'

La Mama: 'Con quien?'

La Hija: 'With a friend.'

La Mama: "I don't know why you left your husband. Siempe te queria and he was such a good man.'

La Hija: 'Mom. I didn't leave him. He left me!'

La Mama: 'You let him leave you, and now you go out with these anybodies and nobodies.'

La Hija: 'MA, I do not go out with anybody. Can I bring over the boys?'

La Mama: 'Ni una ves te deje to go out with anybody, except your father.'

La Hija: 'There are lots of things you did and I simply refuse...'

La Mama: 'Que quieres decir?'

La Hija: 'Nothing, I just want to know if I can bring the kids over tonight.'

La Mama: 'You're going to stay the night with him? Pues que va decir tu esposo?'

La Hija: 'MA!!! HE'S NOT MY ESPOSO...HE'S MY EX HUSBAND!! I don't think he would be bothered considering the day he left me, he's never slept alone!'

La Mama: 'So you're going to sleep over at this loser's place?'

La Hija: 'MOM, HE'S NOT A LOSER!'

La Mama: 'Un hombre no debe salir con una mujer divorciada y con ninos? No tiene verguenza!'

La Hija: 'MA, I DON'T WANT TO ARGUE; SHOULD I BRING OVER THE BOYS OR NOT?'

La Mama: 'Mis pobres nietos with such a mother.'

La Hija: 'SUCH A WHAT?'

La Mama: 'Sin estabilidad!!. No wonder your husband left you.'

La Hija: 'ENOUGH MA!!!'

La Mama: 'No me grites! You probably scream at the loser too!'

La Hija: 'GREAT MA, now you're worried about the loser?'

La Mama: 'AH HA! VEZ, I TOLD YOU...HE IS A LOSER. I SPOTTED HIM IMMEDIATELY!'

La Hija: 'GOODBYE, MOTHER!'

La Mama: "ESPERATE...DON'T HANG UP! QUANDO VAS A TRAER MIS ANGELITOS? '

La Hija: 'I'M NOT BRINGING THEM OVER! I'M NOT GOING OUT!"

La Mama: 'AYE DIOS MIO!!! IF YOU NEVER GO OUT, HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO MEET ANYONE?"

2 comments:

heydave said...

Even with my lack of Spanish, the story seems somehow familiar.

AnnPW said...

Yes, I thought it had a rather universal appeal!