Friday, December 21, 2007

Fun With The Scanner!

Meet Lizzie:


My parents bought her when I was about 3 years old while we were living in England. This picture was taken when I was probably about 8, and that litter of 6 pups contained only one male which we kept, and named him Willie. That's some expression on her face, isn't it? I believe that's Willie, on top, heading straight into her chest - that would be just like him! These wonderful dogs were the single most unifying thing our family ever experienced - we all adored those dogs, even when we didn't like each other so much. They were endless sources of companionship and entertainment, and their passing was brutal, though they both lived to ripe old ages. Here's Mom and Willie some years after we no longer had Lizzie:



When Willie died, my parents were so bereft, they immediately went out and bought another bull terrier, which is when Daisy came to us:



I was no longer living at home when my parents bought Daisy, but that didn't stop us from becoming great friends:



Well - this scanning thing has great possibilities.......!

2 comments:

Mike Thomas said...

that white space is a drag, I'll have to spend some more time figuring out how to deal with that.

I think you are not selecting the area you want to scan before scanning. Use the preview feature and then the box tool to define the area you want scanned before telling it to scan. That's how it works on my scanner anyway.

AnnPW said...

Thanks Mike - Holy Pixels! Robin to the rescue again! Actually, I tried that and for some reason it didn't work - though it worked on the montage of pictures below. Maybe later today I'll have some more time to fiddle with it.