Friday, January 4, 2008

Being the heretical, DFH, commie pinko despot that I am....

I normally don't have much use for "clean" (read: not funny) humor, but someone sent me this and I thought it was cute, so sue me.

*'Twas The Day After Christmas*

Twas the day after Christmas, and all through the house, Every creature was
hurting-- even the mouse.

The toys were all broken, their batteries dead; Santa passed out, with some
ice on his head.

Wrapping and ribbons just covered the floor, while Upstairs the family
continued to snore.

And I in my T-shirt, new Reeboks and jeans, Went into the kitchen and
started to clean.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the sink to
see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the curtains, and threw up
the sash.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a little white truck, with
an oversized mirror.

The driver was smiling, so lively and grand; The patch on his jacket said
"U.S. POSTMAN."

With a handful of bills, he grinned like a fox Then quickly he stuffed them
into our mailbox.

Bill after bill, after bill, they still came. Whistling and shouting he
called them by name:

"Now Dillard's, now Broadway's, now Penney's and Sears Here's Levitz's and
Target's and Mervyn's--all here!!

To the tip or your limit, every store, every mall, Now
chargeaway-chargeaway-chargeaway all!"

He whooped and he whistled as he finished his work. He filled up the box,
and then turned with a jerk.

He sprang to his truck and he drove down the road, Driving much faster with
just half a load.

Then I heard him exclaim with great holiday cheer, "ENJOY WHAT YOU GOT ...
YOU'LL BE PAYING ALL YEAR!"

Author Unknown

*Thanks to Pastor Tim for this joke!*
http://www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh

And may the Flying Spaghetti Monster forgive me for doing anything to promote the likes of "Pastor Tim"!

No comments: