Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Morning

Obama won big in South Carolina - I'm very glad. I would like to know what the overall turnout was in contrast to the Republican primary there. (UPDATE: Got it.) The Clintons have apparently been engaging in some dirty politics and I don't like that any more than anyone else does. I can't forget that the Clintons were the victims of the largest and dirtiest smear campaign in our country's history, one which ultimately gave us our nation's worst president and administration. I don't know that that excuses anything, but it should be worth something. I still like John Edwards the best of the three, with Obama as my second choice and Hillary my third. All of them, of course would be far, far better than anything the Republicans have to offer.

UPDATE: The Left Coaster has come up with a great new (new to me, at least) nickname for the arrogant little pantywaist that is our President for the interminable period of one more year: "Little Boots." Perfect.

Jeannette and I finally got in to see Atonement on Friday night and I tell you what, I don't know about Best Picture but if it doesn't win an Oscar for Art Direction I will eat my hat. Every single frame of that movie was stunning.

I'm stealing this from Atrios:

1 comment:

Freewheel said...

Obama's victory speech in S.C., esp. the last 2 mins., was phenomenal.