Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Photo Finish


Seems to me that, in normal circumstances, the results in New Hampshire would be seen as a tie for Obama and Clinton, with Edwards coming in second. But these aren't "normal" times, are they? Of course it's a "win" for Hillary because of her loss in Iowa and the predictions of her loss in NH, based on polling data and all the caterwauling of the political press. Way to go, Hillary! Steve Benen has a good summary of contributing factors.

UPDATE: Publius has an excellent and thought-provoking pair of posts up about Hillary.

2 comments:

Freewheel said...

It looks like other states (other than Iowa and NH) will be having meaningful primaries this time around.

AnnPW said...

And I think that's a good thing, don't you FW? Although, I have to admit, I'm kind of glad Texas is such a blow-off state and we don't have to put up with all the media nonsense, in spite of the fact that I wish I could make my vote count more. The whole primary process seems terribly convoluted and flawed, but for now, let's just concentrate on getting Democrats in power - THEN start thinking about what changes need to occur, and in what order!