Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Busy Weekend

Beginning with Saturday morning when I attended the Kendall County Democratic Convention for the purpose of participating in the election of our delegates to the state convention in June. It was astounding to see so many Kendall County Democrats gathered together in one room! Here's a good run down of the action, with pictures. We selected 3 delegates and alternates for Hillary Clinton, and four delegates and alternates for Barack Obama, which is the group you see in the last picture of that post. But the highlight of the event for me was getting to meet capconundrum who was kind enough to introduce himself to me! I am so grateful to all who stop by here, and especially those who leave comments, it's a real treat to be able to actually thank one of you in person. Tip o' the hat to you, cap!

The rest of the weekend has been taken up with kids, friends, chores - the usual, and I'm just now getting around to cruising the web to see what's been going on. Seems to be pretty much more of the same, but I did find a couple of good posts over at Rootless Companion, this one about who got it right about Iraq, and this great-looking recipe. "D" at LG&M comments on McCain's "American" ad, and one of my favorite SadlyNo! guys, Leonard Pierce, channels Jambi, who I miss a lot.

1 comment:

capmconnundrum said...

Good to finally meet you Ann. Thank you for this blog ! I't always a treat to check in and see what's happening (though what's happening with this bunch in Washington is not often a treat).