Saturday, March 22, 2008

This is for you, Bill

Greenwald gives a good whupping to warmongers who are attempting to salvage their shredded credibility and he points us to this excellent post by Arthur Silber.

UPDATE: Oh dear God. After I posted, I went and read Silber's latest entry. I must confess to short-circuited emotional shutdown when I read these kinds of warnings. Among his significant points, he revisits this essential question:
I discussed the cultural background and significance of Andrew Meyer's desperate question to John Kerry: "[W]hy, if Kerry is so concerned about Iran, isn't Kerry urging impeachment of Bush now, before he can order an attack on Iran? Meyer pointed out that Clinton was impeached for a blowjob, for God's sake. Shouldn't Bush be impeached now, before another monstrous crime is committed -- and before a possible world war is begun?"
and I feel myself go entirely limp with despair.

UPDATE 2: Atrios too. And, speaking of impeachment, shouldn't this be getting some attention? Goddammit. Time for me to go out and dig in the garden!

UPDATE 3: Okay, now I feel somewhat better. Especially after reading this.

No comments: