Thursday, March 6, 2008

Time for a little pick-me-up...

This picture of Helen Keller and her teacher, Anne Sullivan, has surfaced. Here is the AP story about it in our local paper. The story of these two incredible women is indeed inspiring, and brings to mind the wonderful play and film about them called "The Miracle Worker" which featured stunning performances by Patty Duke and Anne Bancroft. If you haven't seen it, rent it today!

Our gal-pal, Donna "hussein" has an inspiring story of her own. Is this a great country, or WHAT!!

We here in Texas have to take our happiness where we can find it, doncha know, because, true-to-form, our Legislature is busy attempting to make sure that certain avenues remain forever, ahem, cut off.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Ann--

I'm so glad you posted this picture. I saw it last night and was taken back to being a kid and reading about Helen and Anne, watching the movie, and then wrapping a scarf around my face to see what it was like to be blind. Helen was such an inspiration to me as a child; as an adult, I find Anne's story much more personally compelling. I don't guess I have as much courage in my whole heart as she had in an eyelash.